The combination of creamy peanut butter with the sweetness of milk chocolate makes these cookies a yummy, classic tradition. Our Baking It Real cookie kit includes real peanut butter and milk chocolate candies just like how mom used to make these delicious cookies when we were kids. Pair with a tall glass of chocolate milk for double dose of chocolatey goodness!
Prep time: 25 minutes
Bake: 8-10 minutes
Makes: approx. 24 cookies / 2 dozen
Ingredients you need:
4 tbsp butter, softened
Included in the kit (listed below in bold):
Milk chocolate candy
Gather your kitchen essentials:
Medium-sized mixing bowl
(optional) #70 (1 tbsp) cookie scoop
(optional) parchment paper
Helpful tips & tricks:
For even proportions, use a #70 (1 tbsp) cookie scoop.
Only bake one cookie sheet at a time.
For easy clean-up, use parchment paper to line the cookie sheets or wire racks.
For best results, allow cookie sheet to cool completely between batches.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick cookie sheet).
2. Measure 3 tbsp of sugar in small bowl; set aside.
3. Beat remaining sugar, brown sugar and softened butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
4. Mix in peanut butter and egg on low speed until blended.
5. Slowly mix in flour mixture until dough forms, stopping mixer to scrape sides and bottom as you go.
6. Shape dough into balls about 1 tbsp in size, and roll in reserved sugar until coated. Discard excess sugar.
7. Place balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
8. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are light golden brown. While baking, unwrap milk chocolate candies.
9. Immediately press one milk chocolate candy into center of each cookie. Let cool 1 minute.
10. Transfer to wire rack, and let cool completely.